I don't eat them. When I eat a burger while I'm out and about I always get a garden burger. When I cook burgers at home I cook 7% fat
lean ground beef. I never get mayo and eat most of my sandwiches of any kind dry. Mainly cause I'm used to it. I've done the life long diet thing so I went "fat free, no mayo, salad dressing on the side thing along time ago. I am used to bland and it's ok with me. But I do look at any reason to cut or throw some calories aside when ever I can- except yesterday. OK...Back to the cheeseburger. Had one yesterday...with cheese, with mayo, tomato's, lettuce, pickles, ketchup, mustard. Mm g.o.o.d.! I almost ate a 3rd of the burger and a bit of salad. I was amazed when I looked down and it was disappearing. Going, going, almost gone... If I have a bite of salad I might eat 1/2 of a sandwich usually. That just seemed like a lot for me now days. But it was yummy! So I had my cheeseburger fix for the year and up goes the scale...Cheeseburgers make u phat! 150.4 today. One cheeseburger and up 2 pounds. Wowza But it's all good. That was my yummy treat...now time to say NO again for a bit. I know that junk food makes you want more shit food. It's warm outside, were heading home in the car...I think ice cream?????? Lordy Susy....NO I just thought it and did not say it out loud. I remembered what I just had ate 4 hours prior. Just say NO Susy...so I did! LOLOtherwise I do feel better now at last. The ☼sunshine☼ has been out and bright. It's been wonderful. Today I am planting my container garden, pulling weeds and playing in the dirt. We are going for a high of 84 degrees today. YAHOO I live in the country and have ple
nty of deer that would love to help eat the veggies I'm planting. So rather than have a 8 foot high fence I am trying to grow my veggies in containers. Some veggies I can't grow cause we don't get enough heat here where I live. (I don't even own a air conditioner it's so mild here) I don't need a shit load of veggies and I work at the farmers market. I love to buy certain things from my local growers too. So I've got the strawberry's, garlic, lettuce, tomato's. I still want carrots, onions and a few other things but I'm getting started with what I have. I'll post pictures later of my first garden. And I can't wait to plant the flowers. I will do that in a week or two as the weather stays nice. Gotta run...I've got things to do and a cheeseburger to work off today!
4 comments:
I have also noticed that my portion sizes have been increasing alarmingly so :(
I am trying to figure out how to stop this before it gets too bad, I think it's back to measuring for me to keep me honest!
I agree with Michelle. I'd say the amount of food is less that half of what I used to eat. So that's why I pay attention to WHAT goes INTO the mouth. :)
Yep, the portion sizes for me are growing as well.. It's quite scary. I keep getting told that I'm not eating too much, but when you feel like you're eating like a "normal" person, it's hard not to be alarmed!
I love a good cheeseburger as well. I had gone through a phase where i was badly craving a double decker taco supreme from Taco Bell.. so, I just made my own, and it's healthy and i get the craving in check! :)
Hey keep me informed on the garden! Here it is starting to stay in the 100's so before long I will not be able to grow any more veggies until our "Fall" which won't be till October or November when it starts to come back down into the 90's. I will miss watering and caring for the little buds till then! My grape tree isn't taking off and I will have to return it.
Post a Comment