Friday, July 11, 2008

More PT talk...


Well I am still doing physical therapy these days on my hip muscles. I am now down to 2x's a week. I can now tie my left shoe and can even clip my own left toe nail again. Still a hard stretch but I'm getting there. There are movements that I have got back since I started this months ago, and some I believe will never return. I can cross my left leg over my right now for a short time, but it is still very uncomfortable to hold that position for too long still. These things may sound little to some but are great improvement in my health. In the past few months we have stretched every muscle of the outside and inner side of my hip/leg muscles. He has used so many muscle names I can't even keep track. I just lie there and try my hardest to breath and relax so he can stretch me the best he can. So today we talked about some of the muscles spams I get in my left side hip area. The pain I feel does not even compair to when I walked into his office 35+ visits ago. Now it's more of a spasm that hits me pretty hard sometimes still. The muscles are pissed off were working them and they sure do let me know it by spasming. So today his associate came into give her thoughts on my progress and what else we might try. She had me lay down, cross my left leg over my right like I'm crossing my legs but only laying down. Then bring my left hip down to the right side and stretch that side hip/glute muscle. BANG WTF I got the worse muscle spasm I've ever felt in the side of my left hip. I'm still feeling the effects of that spasm. So they gave me some more stretches to do at home and taking a new direction next week. It's very frustrating still being limited by my body these days. Grr So both PT are standing there scratching there heads at me. There trying so hard to free these tight ass hip muscles of mine and trying to make my muscles be the healthiest they can be. So going over the spasm and the pain and talking, next week we are working on the glute muscles that wrap around the side of the hip. The glute muscle along with all of them are so tight still. So I'm frustrated, in pain and just want all of me back. This is from years of limping, being obese and living with the pain for years that just progressed to this after years of eating it. This did not happen over night and will not get better over night. But I'm getting there- slowly... Slow and steady wins the race, right? But PT kicked my ass today. Phew...

Otherwise... Life is good. I wish I was rich. Gosh I loving shopping now! Got me a new pair of shoes the other day at Payless shoes. Went to the 2nd hand consignment store today and found a couple of new shirts. I'm addicted. But loving the new sizes and being able to find fun clothes. I just need a bigger budget. LOL I did look for a dress today. I still have not bought myself a new dress. Dresses and Susy have NEVER been in the same sentence, but wearing and feeling good in a dress is something I'm excited for. I sure do wish I could just go grab Barb (http://barbswls.blogspot.com/) and go shopping anytime. She has style and great taste and I just love shopping with her when I was in Pasadena.


I'm so tired today. I just want to nap, but we need to pack the truck for tomorrows farmers market. So I'm off to do that and then stretch my ass/hip muscles. LOL



Is it bed time yet? I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up Susie!
SO, Dr. R. wants me to have an endoscopy to determine if I have a stricture causing me the pain in my chest....when do these complications end?
Lisa
lisalostandfound.blogspot.com