No point to this blog other than I really am proud of myself. Since surgery I have cooked more at home than ever. I take the time to put breakfast, lunch and dinner together for us about 80% of the time these days. We don't go out and eat often and when we do it's usually the same ol places where we can eat healthy. Friday night we had spaghetti with lean ground beef. Boy I can not do much spaghetti these days. Spaghetti makes Susy too full. Way yummy, just too filling. Tonight I made hamburgers on the BBQ. I always buy the leanest hamburger I can find (7% fat), which always irks my hubby at the price I pay for the leanest hamburger I can find. I don't care, it's better for us when we do eat beef and that is not very often. I won't buy the cheap hamburger as it's just too greasy and full of fat. And it's better for us. So tonight we had hamburgers, sliced cucumbers and tomato's. I start to panic now when there is no veggies in the fridge. I must get to the store. I know if it's in the fridge I have healthy things to choose. I was able to shop this week on a break I got at the farmers market. I bought baby carrots and an onion and one farmer gave us cherries. I'm buying tomato's next week along with natural ground beef from a local farmer. Mmm My baby carrots are pealed and in water ready to munch on as a snack in my fridge. There is not much ice cream in our house often anymore, but you can always find veggies. Make me happy to have other things I love in the fridge now. And it always makes me happy when I know my family just ate heathly too. Good changes! Have a good Sunday evening bloggers!
No comments:
Post a Comment