Monday, March 24, 2008

Job less and interview...

OK, today is Monday. I went and dropped off my application at the local market. She told me the girl that does the hiring was out till Wednesday. So I put my face with my application, said hello and went on my way. I did go to the un employment office today to speak to them about my boss. They pretty much told me to contact the bureau of labor (BOLI). And it does sound like I might be eligible to receive un employment benefits because of what there doing. I have contacted the BOLI and should get the paperwork very soon. I will follow all the way through with that. I've worked there almost 4 years now and do you know I have never got a lunch break, maybe 4 times in 4 years. I never get a lunch or a break. Most of my shifts in 3 1/2 years have been 8+ hours long. I put in a claim for unemployment and told them the whole story. It will now be reviewed which all we know it will take awhile. I did turn in my keys today to the witch and told her "I can not adhere to that schedule, and this is not over". And walked out! All this was not worth $8.50 per hour. I'm done!

Well guess who just called me back? The local market. I do have a interview at 3pm tomorrow. Before the employment office can review this I will have found another job. I'm sure of it. I just hope there looking for part time and it's something that I can work out and keep some money coming in. I will follow through with the Bureau of Labor and an attorney. As this whole thing is and was wrong!

So for today Shrinking Susy is jobless... I do know I did the right thing and did what I had to do. But I was not going to eat shi* anymore. It's already been more than I should of taken and her knowing that I told the truth through a letter and working with her was to much. And last week I did 24 hours working under her and her knowing the truth. I've heard somewhere that "good guys always finish last". But me being one of the good guys I SAY "what comes around, goes around"! I'm ok with all of this. Wishing kind of that I could take the next month off and work on me! I really want to do physical therapy for my hip and swim more, but I can probably work that out if I could just get a job that lets me know what days I work. I've worked the last four years with my schedule switching from week to week and never knowing what day's all work. It hard when you need to make an appointment.

It's a little sad, but it's all ok!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Suzi,
I just wanted to comment on your job situation. I was working at a Car company called Copart Auto Auctions and they hired a nice lady named connie and then they hired a young girl named Chirstine. anyway after they hired Christen they didn't give much work to Connie and she had nothing to do and Christen was so overwhelmed that she would end up crying to my about how she couldn't handle all the work...Well the boss was a friend of mine and I went into him and said hey Christen is out here crying she can't handle all of the work you are giving her why don't you give some to connie? he said connie had sent a check to the wrong insurance company ( we sell cars that are totalled to salvage yard and then send the proceeds to the insurance companies and we take a cut from it as well) and he didn't trust her..well connie had told me what happened the checks are printed out on a computer type paper and they stick together and she didn't notice that there where 2 in this one evelope, Honest mistake right? Well connie had nothing to do all the cars on the computer roster where called on meaning that the person who owned the totaled car was contacted and we had all the information that was needed for that car, she had nothing to do so she was looking at a magazine. My boss called her in and fired her..I was really stunned because of all the people in the office she had one of the nicest personalities? Well I went with her to the unemployment office and testified that they where not giving her anywork to do and the other girl was overwhelmed with work...she got unemployment for 6 month for that...I said all of this to say that I think you should stay home and collect unemployment till it runs out then go get a job..unless you need the money...that will be a good way for you to feel vindicated go on a 6 month vacation on the MG...best wished Rose Wolfe PS you don't need to take a job you can just sit back and relax for a while...there are always jobs for 8 an hour...only take one if it's 10 an hour.....

Susy said...

I'm sure hoping to get unemployment from MG. I still can't believe this way all ok with my district manager. And yes a paid vacation is what I'm planning. Time to take care of me on there expense your right. Thanks for the comment! :)