Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Today is the first day I felt like me. I felt good all day today. Yesterday I ate some protein (cottage cheese) and today I felt so better. It was SO SO good.

I bought soy milk today. I have not tried it yet. I have some whey protein and I thought I could mix it with the soy milk and see how it goes. I am not ready to try milk yet as they told me that the surgery makes lots of patients lactose intolerant. I'm not ready to find out yet.

Everything to me tastes different now. Not as strong to me, less taste. Except Gatorade, it used to taste like watered down kool aid and now it tastes like syrup and is very sweet. I had to buy some Propel sports water, just to taste something clear. I have had to lick salt a couple of times this week. Felt just not right, so I licked some salt off my hand and it did seem to make me feel better.

Otherwise I am happy that I can add some new things into my diet this week and get more variety. I am trying things slowly and one at a time. I have made myself a scrambled egg white for breakfast before work and it has been yummy. I started taking vitamins today too! Over all today was good as I felt better. My short work week is over and I don't have to go back to work till Monday and then I will be back to my regular hours.

:)

1 comment:

Fearless Artist said...

Hey Girl! You are doing great! Make sure you don't have Thrush (that weird no taste thing..) you can get an antibiotic for it if you have it. How was work on your ankle? Hugs, sweetie!