It's time~ To ✔check my gastric bypass @ the door and start living my life!
I going be honest. I still feel worried some days and I know it's all in my head. Now that I'm 2 1/2 years post op this statement fits myself, my feelings and my life to a T. I need to check my weight loss surgery at the door and let go of my past mistakes and not make the same mistakes for the next 40 years.
I often wonder how could I feel bad weighing 152 pounds when once I weighed close to 350 pounds??? But there are days I do feel bad. I can't keep kicking myself all the time. It's the great mind-fuck. When I don't get excited in the mornings now because I weigh 152 instead of 147 that is wrong and a injustice to myself. I must not forget where a came from but be happy at where I am at. In a sense forget about it but remember at the same time. That is a fine line for a fat chick. ✔She remembers she always gained back what she worked so hard to do in the past. ✔She remembers the pain and sadness. ✔ She remembers all of it. And that's why some days she still feels scared or worried.
✔I've got control, I've learned a lot and changed even more...this life is mine. Not to obsess but to control. I make myself proud everyday with the things I can do and choose to do. This is not permission to gain weight, this is permission to for once be happy in my skin and work hard to make myself proud.
"You can't have a better tomorrow if you are
thinking about yesterday all the time."
~So I am ✔checking my gastric bypass at the door and I'm going to start living my life and talk less and less about it everyday! WLS is not the only part of me, it's a piece of me. This is my life and I'm happy so let's enjoy it!
✔You must be true to yourself.
✔Strong enough to be true to yourself.
✔Brave enough to be strong enough to be true to yourself.
✔Wise enough to be brave enough to be strong enough to shape yourself from what you actually are.
A little less talking about weight and a lot more about life. And you know I'll have plenty of photos. I love taking photos.
I got this! Just do it Susy!
2 comments:
OMG! Get out of my head!! This is exactly how I've been feeling for the last six months. I beat myself up every morning when I weight myself. I allow the scale to set my mood.
I'm going to check my weight loss surgery at the door along with you, Susy!
Jenn~ Susy has missed you a ton!
Glad to know I'm not alone. Let's just do it! I've spent enough time being unhappy and mad. I want to be focused but not obsesive.
Good hearing from you SignGurl. Miss ya, but I know where to find you...Facebook baby!
and BTW~ Tiff @ talktotiff.com showed me the way! Gotta love Tiff and her words of wisdom. TY Tiff :)
Post a Comment