OK...today kind of sucked. A few weeks ago I learned my former employer and I had a phone hearing about my unemployment benefits as they contested it. Today was the day I got to talk to a judge about the harassment I received from my boss at my last job. In Feb. I blew the whistle on my boss for stealing time and then got harassed by her after she leaned of a letter sent to district by me. My X employer contested the fact that I got unemployment granted to me for harassment. So then it was time for the judge to hear the facts from me and my employer and a hearing. Jeez I tell the truth, am granted unemployment, they say I abandoned my job. I did not abandon my job, I was harassed, I did not want to lose my job. If the judge is to find that I did abandoned my job I have to pay back the benefits I received thus far. I have spent hours being worried, sad, stressed, thinking and lots of paperwork...it goes on and on. For me to be slapped with having to payback any $ is stressful. Over all the hearing went well with the judge. It was my former district manager on the phone speaking along with the judge and myself. My old district manager told the judge 3 times that "Susan was a good employee for years and were sorry this happened". The judge did say to him "you don't have to keep saying that sir". LOL My DM did tell the judge he did not handle it correctly as he was managing 30 stores and did not do everything he could do to handle this harassment and he never spoke to my boss about her harassing me. I think my case is in the bag...but I'm a worry wart. I was able to tell my story today and 300+ pieces of paper work were excepted into evidence for my case. I proved it well to make a long story short. 2 weeks until I hear the decision. I don't want to spend the next 2 weeks worrying about this shit anymore. I have to let it be what it will be. This whole mess was wrong. But as you all know from reading my blog it was eating me up inside and I had to stop her from stealing or she would still be doing it to this day, no doubt in my mind what so ever. Turning her in was hard- It did not feel good but it did feel right (make sence?). Watching her steal and not saying anything would of been wrong too. But even feeling good about the hearing I still can sit hear and think of 10 more things I shoulda/coulda of said. Crazy...i hear "SOMETIME GOOD GUYS FINISH LAST"... i sure hope not.
No comments:
Post a Comment