Well I am home from Pasadena CA. I had a great time on my short trip. My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. The visit to the LA area was because my mom had to re visit the surgeon that did an emergency shoulder replacement on her this past November after a fall. The Dr said she was healing good and to keep moving that arm through her exercises. She is going to be limited forever from this injury and he kindly told her to "live her life and adjust rather than have another surgery" because the injury was that bad from her fall. We won't know where she is totally until about a year out concerning how much movement returns.
We had a good day there to visit between Dr's and such that Barb and I got to go SHOPPING (http://barbswls.blogspot.com/). $I did do a little damage$. It was fun having someone that has style to help me pick out new clothes and tell me what works or what does not work for me. I knew if I went with Barb she would tell me the truth on what looked good. We went to the first store and Barb was honest and said "Susy your bra you have on does not fit you anymore" I needed a bra that fit the ladies. Needless to say I got a new bra too. I tried on lots and lots of things. I had to tell myself that just because it fit's does not mean I have to buy it or I'd buy everything. I bought size 6 jeans, small tops and a size 34C bra. WowZa I tried really hard to step out of my box and try and buy different things as my body has changed and I know longer know what works for me. I got some really cool/cute clothes. I am home and stylin!
I woke up this morning and weighed myself as I still write it down each Saturday and the top of each month. Check this out: My scale this morning said 153.4. I think I'm going to cry. I can't believe it and I am thrilled. That's 138 pounds since surgery! And we won't even count that I weighed 340+ once in my life too. That number is crazy.
We took that picture of my brother Scott, Barb and myself yesterday. Together we have lost just about 400 pounds. CHECK US OUT! good times
1 comment:
I just discovered your blog and wanted to say hello and tell you how great you all look in this pic! Congrats.
Amber
www.transforming-aj.blogspot.com
Post a Comment