I went to my first physical therapy appointment today. He massaged and stretched my hip muscles and did a evaluation. He wants to do an x-ray of the hip before he forces it to much to make sure. He did tell me that in all his years he has been doing PT he has never seen anyone with a froze up hip like mine. But on the plus side the 45 minutes is stretched out my muscles I did have more range of motion when he was done. We worked on my posture too and bringing my shoulders back and learn how not to limp and make my whole core stronger. Just from me focusing on my posture and bring my shoulders back I have less of a limp. After my appointment he was encouraged with the range of motion he saw after he worked on me. He thinks he can get those muscles to relax and then will strengthen those muscles. But he did tell me "I'm like a puzzle and I've never seen anyone with a froze hip like yours, your making me think". LOL I am happy with my appointment and I'll do what ever he tells me to do because I want my hip back!
That's it... A better me!
No comments:
Post a Comment