I am officially out of the 220's. Today is 6 months since surgery and I am down to 219.4 from 291. That is 72 pounds since surgery and 75 pounds since Dec. 06. Which ever number, Yeah for me! :) We will go with 72 pounds because I've been tracking my loss since surgery and not before. I think I just might make my goal. I had to set some kind of goal in the beginning to work towards. One of my goals was to lose 75 pounds by my 40th birthday in October. Being under 220 is a biggy for me and I am so so so so excited to be under 200 pounds too. That goal should be in 2 months or so. I seem to be losing right at 10 pounds a month. I am still losing hair, but it's not a lot and no big deal. My long term goal is to get under 170. So that is 50 pounds to go. I can tell my body is going to make me work hard for this next step in my weight loss. I have no doubt that I will have to work hard to get to that goal and it just won't come to me. This surgery is wonderful and I can't say enough good things about the Dr or his surgery. My MGB has been a tool for me. It has not been the easy way out. I can still eat "shit" food but I have learned how that makes me feel icky and I have to put the "right" foods in. This is my chance to make this happen and I have to take it. The best thing is the amount of food you eat or don't eat. I just love that. My brother was right, you can just take a bite or two and feel satisfied and be ok with having just a small amount. It just doesn't take a lot to fill you (depends on the food and day). One of my favorites is steamed shrimp. There small shrimp and it takes 8 to fill me. 8 shrimp to fill me, no way... A bite or two of a cookie, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. That can't fill you, but it does for now.
The next 50 pounds should be life changing and I CAN'T WAIT...!!!!!!
2 comments:
Susy I am so proud of you! Not just for the weight loss but for your blossoming spirit! You are doing great! Keep doing what you are doing and remember to put yourself first. You deserve it!
Happy Six Month Surgiversary! Here's to the next six months.
You look SO different in that August picture! What a difference 1 month makes. Congrats on breaking the 220's, 2 'decades' to go!
Post a Comment