Thursday, July 5, 2007

BBQ in the dirt

I worked on the 4th. My hubby worked here on the farm. I came home did my floors, mopped, toilets, did all the laundry, all after work. The list goes on. I got a lot done. Anyway, later in that evening we had talked about doing our first BBQ of the year. Got the propane, went to the store before work, were ready. I sliced tomato's, pickles, did baked beans, corn, hamburgers, hot dogs. Well... Derrel was just about done cooking, he was messing with the tin foil and the burgers hit the deck. I said "guess were going out"... So I cleaned up, put everything back into the fridge, saved the burgers for the dog. And before the fireworks we went out to dinner. Funnier now then yesterday.

I went to a 2nd hand shop today to look for a pair of work pants. As I am in jeopardy of losing my pants @ work these days. I took in some of my old clothes and she took a few things to try to sell for me. I found one pair of work pants, they are size 20 Dockers. There too big. They will work for a month or so, and it's better then what I'm wearing right now. I'll be looking again and trying to find something cheap to get by in. I kept finding myself in the 1 & 2x and size 24 sections. That's kind of weird, but great that they don't fit anymore. 18's would of fit just fine if they would of had any.

OK that's my story for the 4th...

No comments: